- Laws concerning organ and tissue donation exists.
- Organ and tissue donation permission has to be obtained from next of kin, in will or on written document.
- Removal of the eyes as well as corneoscleral excision in situ are allowed
The cornea and all other parts of the eye (e.g. sclera, limbus) are considered as tissues. Donation and processing of these tissues are regulated by Zakon o kakovosti in varnosti cloveskih tkiv in celic, namenjenih za zdravljene (ZKVCTC).
- All banks need an accreditation issued by the Agency for Medicinal Products and Medical Devices of the Republic of Slovenija.
- Inspections of eye banks are performed by the Agency for Medicinal Products and Medical Devices of the Republic of Slovenija