- A law concerning organ donation exists.
- A distinction is made between the eye and the cornea: the eye as an organ, the cornea as tissue.
- Organ and tissue donation may only proceed when informed consent from donor and/or the next of kin is obtained.
- Eye banks need to be certified by The Norwegian Directorate of Health.
- An inspection system of eye banks exists; The Norwegian Board of Health Supervision conducts inspections.
- An annual rapport has to be sent to The Norwegian Directorate of Health and to the Norwegian Board of Health Supervision.
Donation & Transplantation