- A law concerning organ donation and transplantation exists
- The eye is considered as an organ, the cornea as a tissue
- There is a central register, where one can register his/her will
- If not in the register, the next of kin gives consent
- Eye banks are accredited by the Executive Agency for Transplantation under the Ministry of Health.
- Executive Agency for Transplantation performs inspections, they define the criteria.
- EU directives are implemented
- There is no national eye nor a national tissue bank.
Donation & Transplantation