The new 4th edition of the “Guide to the quality and safety of tissues and cells” (2019) has been published.
This Guide is an invaluable tool for:
- professionals involved in identifying potential donors;
- transplant co-ordinators managing the process of donation after death;
- bone marrow and cord blood collection centres;
- fertility clinics;
- tissue establishments processing and storing tissues and cells;
- testing laboratories;
- organisations responsible for human application;
- inspectors auditing the establishments; and
- health authorities responsible for tissues and cells for human application.
The realisation of this Guide has been co-financed by the European Union and the Council of Europe and several scientific and professional organisations, including the European Association of Tissue and Cell Banks (EATCB), the European Eye Bank Association (EEBA), the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee ISCT-Europe and EBMT (JACIE), have been actively involved in the elaboration of the Guide.